Wednesday 8 March 2017

KEZIAH

Happy International Women's Day! I had to google to see why we celebrate this day. And why is it "International" and not just "Women's Day"? Still pondering that one. Of course, we should celebrate women everyday and not just on March 8th (unless it's your birthday...Juliet, et al). Women make the world go round, so better grease those wheels! Since I don't do it everyday, I want to celebrate the lady that takes care of us, Keziah.


When I get up in the morning to fix some uji for the baby, Keziah has already prepared the breakfast and is halfway through her morning routine: cleaning the bathrooms, kids' bedrooms and mopping floors. By the time I've had my breakfast, she's halfway through the day's laundry. And when I leave for work, she's settled for breakfast and feeds the little terror tot, then spends the day with her. At some point in the day, she'll text me about the short supply of onions and tomatoes, or that cooking gas has run out.

When I arrive in the afternoon with the older offspring from school, Keziah has prepped the ingredients for dinner, the entire house is decently clean and the little one is taking her nap. I begin to cook dinner as she polishes the kids' school shoes, unhangs the laundry and does some ironing. I give baby a bath and serve dinner, after which Keziah clears the dirty dishes from the sink and mops the kitchen floor as she winds up her day.

Of course, I can't list everything Keziah does in her day, but I know it's more than I could manage on my own. So is she superwoman? Yes...and then some. So happy Superwoman Day Keziah! Thank you for taking care of us and for putting up with me. You are a GREAT woman.

Credits: International Women's Day logo image

Read more articles here
Like us at Tulip Facebook
Tulip Cleaning Website
Follow us on Twitter @tulip_ke

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm. A great choice of woman to celebrate. ☺ Dawn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dawn. Very nice name, by the way!

    ReplyDelete