Friday 30 December 2016

MY 2017 HOUSEKEEPING RESOLUTIONS

I stopped making New Year's resolutions about 2 years ago, because I have a back log trying to implement those from the previous years. However, this time I will set some health resolutions; like I will have only 5 cokes in 2017, and social resolutions like visiting my Nai relatives more often (at least once each!) These resolutions will be cast in stone (well, typed in WORD). But I have to say, it's the Housekeeping resolutions that I'm not so sure of.
I live in a house under construction. It's a health risk both physiologically and physically. I thank God that any cuts, bruises and bumps that caused any bleeding to the inhabitants were minor. As the house slowly gets finished, I intend to give it more love. Here are my Housekeeping resolutions for 2017, and this time I write them as if I have already accomplished my goals:

1. Finally, I have doormats; one for the front entry and one for the high traffic back door.
2. I have a framed family portrait...and it's on the wall.
3. I have purchased a flower vase and already made use of it, at least once.
4. I have adopted some green potted 'pets', some not so friendly.
5. I have invested in a beautiful piece of wall art by a local artist and I'm very proud of it.
6. My pets, Toby and Pluto have moved into their own house, meaning less fur to deal with in mine.
7. The miscellaneous box that stored my electronic junk is no more.
8. I now have an ottoman with storage...for other [non-electronic] kinds of junk.
9. The books we have boxed or poorly kept in different parts of this house are now neatly arranged in the floating book shelves.
10. I regularly go to amazon and buy me some expensive toilet paper. So once in a while my bum gets a treat, because I deserve it.









friends!









No comments:

Post a Comment