Monday 11 December 2017

I HAVE A NEW BLOG



It’s been a year since I started the Tulip Cleaning blog. I did it to promote my cleaning business and as I kept doing it, I realized that I wanted to talk about more than just cleaning and also that the blog could have a life of its own without the cleaning service attached. Plus Tulip Cleaning is riding on a free platform; who would take this seriously? Now, I’ve moved on to this new, bigger blog, My Tulip Living, so that I can talk about more than just cleaning, because there’s a lot that goes into running a household and turning it into a serene environment that you love.


Talking of moving on, I am in a new home. My husband got a new job, so we had to move out of the city. Who likes moving? I don’t, but circumstances dictate and I should be grateful, even though it’s not been easy. Moving into a new house or apartment can be very exciting. Moving into a previously occupied home comes with some challenges, or might I say “baggage”.

My new place is at the heart of a beautiful, fenced community. The weather here is pleasant, although it can get extremely cold at times. The market nearby has well-priced fruits and veggies as well as some pretty good second hand stuff. My husband loves his job. The kids enjoy their new school and have made new friends. What more could a mother ask for?

The house is a cozy, semi-detached, three-bedroomed bungalow sitting on about a quarter acre of beautifully manicured lawns with a mature garden. It’s really a sight to behold. There’s a patio and a small wooden deck with a fireplace, for those outdoor moments on chilly nights.

Now to clean up and settle in. Windows look good. The bathrooms need help. The hard water has discolored the white ceramic tiles on the walls. I’m not sure this kind of staining can be removed without stripping off the glaze, since the previous occupants lived here for half a decade. Thankfully, there are no curtain boxes that would harbor five years of dust. Kitchen cabinets are clean, but the wooden shelves have sticky ring stains; so I’ll cover that with liners after a good wipe. I’ve spotted some vermin pellets, good thing we came with our two cats!

It could take a while to turn this house into a home. I could use a floor carpet, a washing machine, definitely some wall art and elegant candle stands for the fireplace mantle. A rustic sofa would be nice. Hopefully, we can add more colour and character to the walls without violating our lease. It’s a blank canvas and I might be the next Picasso.

Thanks for sticking around with me this far and I'm excited about the future. Let's take this journey together. Welcome to my new blog My Tulip Living.



No comments:

Post a Comment