Friday 25 November 2016

SHOPPING HAUL @ ORGANIZED PLANET

My home is sort of organised. I think. Or maybe it's just that I don't hoard too much stuff. I may know a few cleaning tips but when it comes to storage, I'm a bit all over the place.
Don't get me wrong, I know where everything is. For instance, there's this small carton box on my kitchen counter where we store stuff that have no immediate use like old scratched DVDs, empty pens, broken pencils and colours, spoilt remote controls, packed-up phone chargers...things we'll probably never use. Ever. Good thing is, I know where they are. So that's not just being a junk hoarder, it's called being an organised junk hoarder. Although, admittedly, sometimes I keep stuff away so safely that I forget where I put them; like the packet of mandazi my sis brought me. They were six weeks old when I found them. Still tasted good!

Thus, I don't think it's abnormal to hold onto stuff; it only becomes a problem if the hoarding is uncontained and unsightly. If you're going to keep all your Nakumatt shopping bags, then fold and store in one big bag. If you're going to keep all your receipts in hard copy, then file them or stick them in an exercise book. If you're going to keep irreparable electronic gadgets, then keep them in a small carton box on your kitchen counter (No, don't do that! This box has to go!!!) The problem is this habit is in fact infectious. You can actually pass it on to your kids, so beware.

Nevertheless, I believe that families with kids should be allowed to keep a certain amount of junk. That said, the manner of storage makes the whole difference. Enter Organized Planet, an online shop that brings us creative storage items in cute packages and designs, it's hard not to be organised after this. Let's look at my favourite five:

Price

The Ottoman Trunk
I once said I would never buy a coffee table if I just had an ottoman. I still haven't bought a coffee table and not planning to, especially now with my little toddler running around. She trips over just about everything... the edge of the carpet, the charger cable, slippers, her toys. I've developed heart arrhythmia episodes from these falls. Nerve-wracking. Even though the ottoman could be an obstruction, it would cushion her fall rather than inflict a serious injury. And now Organized Planet brings us the PU Leather Ottoman with storage. These colourful boxes can store all the toys handed down to her from her 11 year old sister, like Pooh. We'll never give Pooh away. And I certainly hope my electronic waste doesn't find its way there...talk about junk in the trunk.



Price
Shelf Storage Boxes
When you have lots of photocopied material i.e. you have illegally duplicated material from a published book or music score and thus infringed some copyright laws, then you could keep these photocopied papers tidily in a bound book or in these lovely storage boxes and tuck them neatly into your bookshelf. This will keep them out of sight and relatively dust free.


Price
Coffee Table Organiser
Lately, I've been seeing this Ad of a gadget and app that helps you find your lost keys. All you have to do is fix it onto your key holder with your keys. So when you can't remember where you placed them, you simply go to the phone app and search for it. With its inbuilt GPS, it shows you exactly where it is. You can do the same if your wallet goes missing and I suppose, even your car. That's just brilliant. But you could also simply get one of these coffee table organiser to house your keys, extra change, all your remote controls, phone, phone charger, etc. So you won't have to turn the house upside down and inside-out looking for car keys every single morning. (I know, I'm sleeping alone tonight...)
Price

Bathroom Organiser
Are you one of those unlucky tenants with a cosy bathroom whose sink area has space for only one toothbrush and one toothpaste? No real estate for your facial wash, toner, hand wash, hand lotion, avocado shampoo, egg shampoo, hair conditioner, calming shower gel, energising shower gel, mint and cooling shower gel? And where will you put your Listerene and dental floss? What about your collection of hotel bathroom amenities? Don't sweat it. Organized Planet has these practical organisers, which hang on a hook from your bathroom wall or door. It's an extension of the traveller's Toilet bag. Very practical. You no longer have to use the windowsill or toilet cistern. I've seen worse.

Price
Make-up Organiser
What's the best invention after the Swiss Army knife? The Swiss Army make-up kit, of course! Ok, that's not what it's called but it pops open in all directions, with numerous little drawers, what's not to love? I don't have much in the make-up department, so I store my basics in an ice-cream tub. I keep my beady jewellery (bracelets and necklaces) in a box. And my earrings are taped to the inside wall of my wardrobe shelf, with a long strip of masking tape! So I could use this Dr. Zhivago bag. It's small enough to fit in the wardrobe shelf because I don't have a vanity area yet. It's coming.

These are my favourite five. There's lots more at Organized Planet that can help keep your living space more organised and make your home a lot more hospitable.

No comments:

Post a Comment